Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
IPU-CET is the common entrance test for admissions into various Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) courses in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
What is IPU-CET Exam?
The Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) for LLB and various other courses.
It is one of the most popular LAW entrance examinations. Successful candidates who qualify the entrance exam can get admission into different law courses like BA LLB, BBA LLB.
|BBA LLB (Hons.)||BA LLB (Hons.)|
|BBA LLB||BA LLB|
Let’s have a look at some of the key features of IPU-CET LAW entrance test to help you learn more about it.
- IPU CET LAW entrance scorecard is mandatory to get into the 11 Law colleges that take admissions through IPU-CET.
- The Entrance test gives you a gateway to some of the finest law colleges in Delhi/NCR. Some of them include Amity Law College, Chandra Prabhu Jain College of Higher Studies & School, University School of Law and Legal Studies.
- Amity law college and University School of Law and Legal studies are one of the top-ranked law colleges in India.
IPU-CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Qualification Required for LLB
Candidate should have passed 12th with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized board. Candidates also should have passed English (core or elective or functional).
Qualification Required for LLM
LL.B or equivalent law degree as required by the Bar Council of India for Enrollment as an advocate with a minimum of 55% marks.
Candidate must be an Indian Citizen to fill the application for IP University Law Admission 2020 must be citizens of India.
- BA LLB/BBA LLB: No age Limit
- The age limit is 21 years for all undergraduate programmes where entry qualification is 12th pass.
- For MBBS/BDS programmes where entry qualification is graduation, the age limit is 25 years.
- For all other post-graduations where entry qualification is graduation, the age limit is 35 years.
- Bachelor of Vocation: 45 years.
IPU-CET 2020 Important Dates
|Announcement of the notification||March 22, 2019|
|Online registration for IPUCET LLB 2019 begins||March 22, 2019|
|IPU CET Law 2019 Application form release||March 22, 2019|
|IPUCET LLB application fee payment starts||March 22, 2019|
|IPUCET LLB 2019 Online registration closes||to be notified soon|
|Last date to submit the application form||April 2019|
|Last date to pay the application fee of IPUCET LLB 2019||April 2019|
|Issue of admit card||Last week of April, 2019 (as per CLAT tentative dates)|
|Last date to download IPUCET Law 2019 admit card||May 26, 2019|
|CLAT 2019||May 26, 2019 (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm) (as per CLAT notification)|
|Announcement of the result||May/June 2019|
|Counselling||June 18, 2019 – August 1, 2019|
|Seat allotment – Round I||July 24, 2019|
|Cutoff – Round I||July 25, 2019|
|Seat allotment – Round II||July 30, 2019|
|Cutoff – Round II||July 31, 2019|
Exam Pattern for IPU-CET 2020
|S.No||Subjects||Questions (% Weight)||Marks|
|1.||Legal Aptitude||25% (37.5)||150|
|2.||General Knowledge||25% (37.5)||150|
|4.||English Language and Comprehension||25% (37.5)||150|
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Total marks: 600
- Number of Questions: 150 MCQ type
- Test Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes (150 minutes)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong response.